Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Iain Brouwer
1/8/14
Journalism F Block



Unnecessary Staring.

When I’m sitting, relaxing, working and just minding my own business I usually feel a little uncomfortable at times. Mainly because out of the corner of my eye I’d see a bystander and or student giving me a stare that I've never been able to realize the fact as to why they were staring at me. Maybe they were intrigued by something about me or just got lost in thought and are staring blankly, but it’s a very uncomfortable situation that I cope with. But sometimes in the spur of the moment I realize that it is in fact me, who stares down the soul of a person for no logical reasons without even realizing it as well. But if it’s the other way around, please stop. It scares me.

People who walk their dogs and let them poop indiscriminately (like on someone's lawn), and does not pick it up.
We've all seen people walk a dog and maybe you've walked a dog yourself, you usually are equipped with the bare essentials including a bag especially. Bring your bag and use it too. No none wants to have a great day and feel like nothing can stop them but get destroyed morally by stepping in a huge pile of your dog’s s***. Use your brain at least.

When people leave the chip bag open until it becomes stale.
I enjoy my food as much as the next guy, but when it comes to people ruining the food for me such as not putting it back where it belongs, it gets me upset. Mainly with chips. They eat their share and don’t put it back or not even roll it up and when I get to eat it all happy and such, I eat the stalest chip I’ve ever eaten. Close the bags or at least roll them up.

People who refuse to expand their musical horizons.
We all know that you enjoy your certain genre of music as much as the next guy but when it comes to you completely deprecating on a music genre you've never spent a single second listening too, it’s time to reevaluate yourself and check it out for once before talking bad about it.

People who talk about their favorite sports team and say "WE" like they are a part of the team.
It’s not you, it’s the players. You don’t play the game you watch it. When people say that “We won the game.” As in the Red Sox winning the World Series, it had nothing to do with you at all. It was the players who actually won the game.


When you think you know about something but try to put your input into the conversation but it doesn't make sense at all.
I know you’d like to be involved in the conversation or you just like to hear the sound of your own voice, but other people don’t want to hear it. Especially when what you are trying to say makes no sense to the conversation at all and you are oblivious to the topic as well.

When people lick their fingers when handing out a pile of papers.
It’s unsanitary to do it. Yet people still do it all the time. When you lick your thumb and swipe through papers or hand them out, it doesn't really help you THAT much rather than using a clean hand. That’s why I always grab the last paper when the teacher or persons thumb is a little better and dry.

Getting interrupted halfway through your important conversations.
I’m sorry, was what you’re saying to interrupt my conversation THAT important that I had to stop? I was talking first so next time if I try to continue my conversation, it should be a one way story, not one with your story getting tossed in halfway through when it’s not relevant.

Hypocrites.
When people do something such as an act in which you hate but you do the same thing, it makes no sense. You might as well talk down on yourself when you put input on acts you hate but also do. A primary example is talking **** about a person but the reason they did so is because you said something against them as well in the first place.


No comments:

Post a Comment